Belmont Blasters started in 2008 with the express purpose of improving Belmont/Redwood Shores Little League's future All-Star tournament play, and Belmont Blasters continues to be a program designed to augment Little League. All our players spend spring playing in BRSLL, and Blasters begins only after our teams have been eliminated from All-Star play. This has been a very successful formula, as BRSLL has grown into one of the strongest leagues in very competitive District 52. The Blasters organization was cited by Little League as an ideal model for how Little Leagues and Tournament programs can work together to give all the kids the best experience.
For more on the early years of Blasters history, click here for a wonderful chronicle of our origins from one of our founders, Mike Davies.
Since the inception of the Blasters, players and coaches from our program have contributed to the following:
- BRSLL won the first ever NorCal Championship (Division 4) for our league and District 52 in 2013
- BRSLL reached the D52 11/12 finals four years in a row (2013 - 2016)
- BRSLL won the D52 11/12 Championship twice (2013, 2016)
- BRSLL won the D52 10/11 Championship in 2016
- BRSLL won the D52 Minors Superbowl in 2017
- BRSLL won the D52 Juniors 80 Championship in 2018
The Blasters team by age 12 have been highly competitive, playing primarily at the AAA/Majors level in USSSA tournaments. The last two teams were able to make very deep runs into the Cooperstown DreamsPark tournament, showing the Blasters model can compete with top teams from across the nation.